Principles and Fundamentals of Yoga
Yoga is a vast discipline aimed at integrating mind, body and spirit to achieve a state of enlightenment or self-realization. Yoga is a science of right living and it works wonders when integrated into our daily life. It works on all aspects of the person-the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. The different branches of Yoga prescribe different approaches and techniques, but ultimately lead to the same goal of enlightenment.
The essence of Yoga is practical and scientific as it lays emphasis on direct experience and tangible results. It is not a religion, but a practice of self-inquiry and inner exploration. As the cultural and religious diversity of practitioners attest, yogic philosophy speaks of universal truths that can be incorporated into any belief system. All Yoga practices have the same goal or destination-the discovery and fulfillment of the human potential.
This course will learn:
- The origins of Yoga Nidra
- Enhancing your own practice
- Yoga Nidra and relaxation
- Yoga Nidra and meditation
- Becoming a Yoga Nidra teacher
- The techniques in Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra and the Yoga Sutras
- Yoga Nidra as a pathway to Samadhi
- Yoga Nidra and tantra
- Design your Nidra class
Schedule of time:
09:00-12:00 Theory and application.
12.00-13.00 Lunch time and rest.
13.00-15.00 Meditation practice 1
15.00-15.30 Group discussion
15.30-17.30 Meditation practice 2
17.30-18.00 Group discussion
- Having the International W.Y.A World Yoga Alliance 50-hour certified teacher
- 50-hour nationwide QCI and W.Y.A time accumulation.
- The review of this course includes: a personal research report, a written test, and through guidance and implementation.
This is a Professional Development course for trained yoga teachers & health professionals.